01 September 2007

The ultimate silver blogger

A few days ago, I was heartened by an article on women online, and now I discover that the ultimate silver blogger is also a woman. María Amelia López was born in Muxía, in Spain, in 1911. As she writes on her blog, A mis 95 años / 95 years old blogger:

My name is Amelia and I was born in Muxía (A Coruña - Spain) on December the 23rd of 1911. Today it's my birthday and my grandson, who is very stingy, gave me a blog.

She now has a readership that could be the envy of any A-lister, and she has recently gone on holidays to Brazil. Her pet hate? Retirement homes, where she says people are drugged to keep them quiet, and they are never offered the opportunity to use the Internet. The Guardian quotes some of her blog posts, including this piece of advice, valid I think for old and young alike:

"There is nothing better than exercising the brain."

2 comments:

Nancy White said...

Cathy, thanks for leaving the comment about Eva. It led me back here to your blog, and some blogs we read in common. Thanks for the connection and for reaching out about Eva.

Omar Cruz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.