06 September 2008

Writing in the rain

Incredibly enough, there seems to be a number of people as obsessed with notebooks as I am. There is one site dedicated to finding the perfect black notebook, and they have some very covetable items reviewed... The Rhodia webnotebook is on my shopping list for my trip to Paris in October.

And here is a review of notebooks, and do I want that one!!!


At last, a notebook for the shower! The shower, where my best thesis ideas come to me, and I'm always afraid they will vanish when the water is turned off. The site that sells them also sells all-weather pens, for the shower or the Irish summer... Maybe I should invest...

7 comments:

stephanie.hendrick@engelska.umu.se said...

I read somewhere, although I can't remember where, that if you show me a tech geek, I will show you a stationary geek. So true! I too love pens and notebooks, and have 2 dozen half filled in ones lying around. My best ideas tend to come right as I am about to fall asleep - to comfy to get out of bed, but awake enough to write something down. I think it is time to put a pen and pad on my bedside table!

Cathy said...

I beat you to that! But I fall asleep so suddenly that it is a very little used notebook... I also have a number of blank notebooks, some are too pretty to use, some are souvenirs from trips. I should have enough for a further two theses (if I were so inclined, which I won't be).

Grannymar said...

Interesting post, especially the notebooks for the shower... now if only there was a phone that would work in there! If I want someone to call me all I need to do is jump in the shower.

Manuel said...

I have a serious problem with Rhodia notebooks...I cant get enough of them! I even have a "leather" one for taking orders at work.....I have about a dozen located in strategic positions around the house.....HAVE to get one of those new jobbies now......roll on Paris in November.....

Cathy said...

@Grannymar: I often wonder how people know you'' re about to have a shower/sit down to dinner...

@Manuel: Ah, Paris in the autumn, Gibert shops with their stationery...

3x5er said...

I was just in Paris and saw the new Rhodia notebook in a store window-- but the store was closed!
I saw expensive Moleskines in one shopt and bought a little notebook at Deyrolles, but I didn't come across many stationery shops. Can you recommend any good ones? I want to be prepared with a list the next time I go back!

3x5er said...

Meant to include my blog, which might interest you:
www.notebookstories.com